• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Monday, April 02, 2007

Of coaches and men

So Arkansas fires Stan Heath -- after back-to-back NCAA Tournament trips -- so it can hire Dana Altman?

Look, Heath left that team so loaded that Altman will contend for the SEC West title next year the same way Heath would have.

But for the long run, I don't know if that is a big upgrade over Heath. If Arkansas had hired Billy Gillispie, then yeah, I could see it being an upgrade. But Dana Altman, I don't know if I wouldn't have kept Heath.

If LSU is to make a change in its men's basketball program, then this is the problem you get. You're not going to get big name coaches leaving good jobs.

Yes, Roy Williams left Kansas for North Carolina.

But I truly believe Billy Donovan will stay at Florida instead of going to Kentucky. I may be wrong, but I think he'll stay.

Arkansas should be a lesson to LSU. If you're going to fire the coach, then you better have something better in hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home