• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Saturday, September 16, 2006

TIME FOR A PREDICTION

The trend says Auburn will win. No team in this series has won back-to-back games since the Alabama Tigers did it in 1999 and 2000.
Home-field advantage is as important in the SEC as any other conference.
Therefore, I am going to pick LSU.
Please don't call me a homer, I'm not from Louisiana, I don't have anything against the Bayou Bengals, but don't have a rooting interest.
That being said, I have a funny feeling LSU will be able to stop Kenny Irons from having another 218-yard effort. In fact, the LSU defense could come up surprisingly strong in enemy territory.
LSU could have some trouble running the ball, but Jamarcus Russell is more than capable of picking up the slack.
The past few meetings, score-wise, have been defensive struggles and today might not be a whole lot different.
LSU 24-17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home