• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Marcus Thornton update

I know it's only summer league -- and it should be taken with a grain of salt -- but ...

Former LSU star Marcus Thornton scored 26 points on Friday in a summer league game with the New Orleans Hornets' team.

Now, do I think Thornton is going to go out and light people up for 26 in the NBA as a rookie? No.

But I don't think being a second-round pick is an NBA death sentence for him, either. Big Baby has done well as a second-round pick. Paul Millsap as well.

If anything, it should be an encouraging start for Thornton -- and the Hornets.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Marcus does very well in the NBA. We know that he "ain't want to lose" and "we needed to get back to where we was", as he said after LSU beat KY in the SEC tournament. I cringed when I read that, but at least he can sign his name on the pay checks.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home