• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Friday, March 09, 2007

Help on the way?

I just got back from watching Austin Ross, an LSU signee from Captain Shreve, pitch tonight.

Now, granted, I caught him on a good night.

But if he throws the way he threw tonight, Paul Mainieri's rebuilding job may come a little quicker.

Highlights?

He threw a five-inning no-hitter against Ruston.

OK, I knew everybody Tom, Dick, and Boudreaux throws high school no hitters. But do they do it with only 50 pitches? Do they do it hitting 90 mph on the gun?

The most impressive thing to me is the fact that Ross knows how to pitch. He is not trying to strike out every batter he faces. He works ahead in counts and let's his defense work for him.

The only problem for LSU is there were a good half-dozen MLB scouts at the game.

One of them told me, "He's good. He's real good. He's a pitcher. He's not just throwing out there.''

If Mainieri can keep him, then I think Ross could help right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home