• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hokey Pokey

Wow.

Give Pokey Chatman credit, she was only the head coach for three full seasons of the women's basketball team but she provided a couple of moments where LSU fans actually cared about women's basketball.

The first was the little tiff with Baylor coach Kim Mulkey. The second was today's shocking resignation.

Shocking? Yes. How else do you describe someone resigning just days before the NCAA Tournament field is announced so you can "pursue other opportunities'' when your name hasn't even been linked to other jobs?

Skip Bertman says there is no NCAA investigation, sanctions or probations coming down. And, of course, there are the rumors. Always the rumors.

So there you have it, two moments where Pokey made LSU fans sit up and pay attention.

Only one coach who could replace her could top that - Kim Mulkey.

Otherwise, LSU fans can likely go back to the way they were before Pokey Chatman took over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only 2 times we've noticed LSU Lady Tigers? Are you kidding me? Pokey Chapman has done a tremendous job to continue a great program. She brought people to the PMAC....she is one of the reasons there has been so much interest the last few years in the Lady Tigers. I think the loss is terrible and will be felt for a long while.

5:59 AM  
Blogger notaclue said...

All I can do add to this "Holy Cow!!!!!!!" I am standing in waiting to see what the other career avenues she is going to pursue. I know I will miss seeing her on the LSU sidelines and where ever she goes, if she is coaching, I will continue to follow. I am going to show my age, but I was a Pokey fan when she play.

Good Luck to her.

Now I have to go and try to recover from the shock.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home