• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Monday, May 11, 2009

Tiger Tour thoughts

Les Miles, Trent Johnson, Van Chancellor and LSU athletic director Joe Alleva dropped by northwest Louisiana for the annual LSU Tiger Tour stop.

I spoke with Johnson during the event and it's clear the Tigers basketball program is in good hands with the straight-shooting coach.

It's also clear how Miles feels about freshman quarterback/supposed savior Russell Shepard.

"He's tough," Miles said. "We took the green jersey off him and made his live. Let me tell you, he's tough."

Chancellor, as is his custom, was the liveliest of the coaches, but Johnson made sure he got in one of his patented one-liners.

On the subject of helping Tasmin Mitchell with his NBA Draft status, Johnson was asked how much his past experiences with players such as Robin and Brook Lopez helped him with Mitchell: "I think it helps a lot because I have relationships and I have friends at that level. It’s good and bad. The good is I can help Tasmin. The bad about it is I’m old as hell."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home