• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Truth be told

I had this thought upon meeting Trent Johnson in the spring. And I had it again after Sunday's men's basketball game with NSU.

That thought is this: How long before Johnson gets himself in trouble with his team because of his bluntness?

The man apparently doesn't mind speaking the truth.

Check out this from Sunday's postgame when asked about the Tigers' 3-0 start.

“It’s the first three games. What do you want me to say? What do you want me do, jump up and down like we won the Rose Bowl or something? Or the Super Bowl? Or the national championship? What do you want me to do? I summarized that we’re 3-0, and we’re getting better. It beats the alternative.”

I imagine he's already been rather blunt with his players. And while that may be his style, congratulations to him if he can find players that appreciate bluntness.

From a media standpoint, it's sort of refreshing. From a players standpoint, we'll find out soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home