• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Brazen?

I used to think schools tampering with Tulane players in the wake of Hurricane Katrina was about as low as it could go.

I still do.

But you've got to give UCLA basketball some credit for getting close to the same conversation.

According to the Riverside (Calif.)Press Enterprise, no sooner had John Brady been fired at LSU than a UCLA assistant was on the phone with an LSU recruit's AAU coach.

Now college basketball recruiting is just short of boxing on the sleaze meter. And I'm sure this happens rather frequently. It's just that I've never seen a school be so open about it.

Like I said, not as bad as poaching off Tulane, but the public nature of it is rather unseemly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home