• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pulling out all the stops already

Here’s my feeling when a team pulls out a trick play early in the game. It’s not confident in what it brings to the table.

Notre Dame failed on the first possession of the game and decided it was already time to break out a fake punt – well inside its own territory.

The direct snap to the upman did not come close to working and LSU responded immediately with a touchdown.

Notre Dame fell in an early 14-0 hole, but just halved the gap with a Brady Quinn touchdown.

However, I’m not sure what Charlie Weis was thinking early on.

It screams a lack of confidence to me.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the trick play here and there, but the risk/reward on the opening possession, in a building packed with purple and gold, wasn’t in the favor of the Irish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home