• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Monday, November 27, 2006

Saban's shot

Nick Saban put the ridiculous rumors about his return to coaching colllege football to rest today. The rumors had Saban linked to the Alabama job.

"When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros,'' Saban told reporters today. "This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs?

"I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven’t seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?"

Why indeed? And by the way, LSU fans should be flattered over Saban's feelings toward the school and the program he built into a power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home