• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cannon's take

Billy Cannon was in town today to sign some autographs for LSU fans.

I had the chance to talk to him about the 50th anniversary of the 1958 national championship team and the upcoming LSU season.

His take on the current quarterback situation is an interesting one.

Here's what he had to say:


"From what I’ve seen, and I’m not there every day .... I would start the freshman (Jordan Jefferson),’’ Cannon said. "I would go on sheer talent. The other kids (Andrew Hatch and Jarrett Lee) haven’t made the practices, haven’t been able to compete. And he’s throwing the ball extremely well.

"You don’t get experience sitting and watching someone else play or I’d be great again. It’s a situation where I think he has so much talent that if we let him play the majority of the snaps the first three games then we can go into Auburn with a kid that has played.’’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home