• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Monday, April 14, 2008

Silly season

You can tell we're in college football's silly season when things like "ranking the coaches'' come out in various publications.

The Sporting News has one that can be found here.

LSU fans may not like what they see, but there are a few things to remember. One, opinions are just that. They are not fact. They are what someone thinks. And two, Les Miles is a hard guy to figure when it comes to rankings.

Here's what I mean, I was asked recently on a sports talk radio show how I would rate Miles as a coach.

My response ended up sounding like a politician, but it wasn't meant that way. I said you can't call him a bad coach because he just won a national title and there's no way you do that as a bad coach. But I also said, it's not like he is revolutionizing the game or anything. And he isn't. He is playing with good defenses and strong running games. The way people have won football gams for years.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a silly thing to do - rank SEC coaches. Still, I think you need to give Miles more credit. Bob's Sports Blog, a blog by a local Bossier guy (Bob Wynn), gives Les credit. Checkout what Bob Wynn wrote at
http://bobs-sports-blog.blogspot.com/2008/04/ranking-sec-football-coaches.html

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home