• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Understanding the recruiting world

I'm not one of those people who discount recruiting rankings. Not when I've seen teams that have been consistently ranked in the top five win national championships -- one being a team close to home.

So with that as a background, I have been a little dumbfounded by a couple of things I've seen here in the last couple of weeks.

I expected Jordan Jefferson to move from a three-star recruit to a four-star recruit. I didn't expect Tyler Edwards to drop from a four-star to a three-star on rivals.com. I know at least one college coach in the state who maintains Edwards is the best player at his position in Louisiana.

Then, there is this team ranking thing. LSU has dropped from 7 to 11 in Rivals.com's ranking. LSU is behind Texas despite LSU having one more five-star recruit, only two less four-star recruits, and five-more three-star recruits. My math skills aren't great, but it looks to me like LSU has more three-star and up players.

Again, it's no big deal. But you have to be hanging around the top 10 if you want to hold up the crystal ball. If you're satisfied with the Chick-Fil-A Bowl then don't sweat the rankings at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home