• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Switzer thoughts


Barry Switzer was on a national teleconference this week talking about OU-Texas and LSU-Florida.

Switzer's view of LSU should give you an idea of someone outside-the-boot.

On LSU's defense:
"They're great on defense. They can really run big.''

"I think LSU's defense has been dominant. They're so physical. They look like an NFL team.''

On LSU's offense:

"I don't know how good LSU is at just being able to line up and hammer the ball with the 'I' back.

"LSU is not an offensive power to me. I mean ... they've got some great athletes.''

"I think Ryan Perrilloux is going to be a stud but he's not a starter. But he's got the athleticism that jumps out at you and sparks - flashes at you when he's in the game. You say, 'This guy could be special.'

So Switzer likes LSU's defense. Not so high on the offense. And likes Ryan Perrilloux. Little wonder he picks Florida in Saturday's game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home