• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Board talk from Blacksburg

Maybe Virginia Tech sophomore right guard Sergio Render is tired of hearing so much about LSU All-American Glenn Dorsey. When asked about meeting Dorsey in Saturday's 8:20 p.m. game in Tiger Stadium, Render had this to say:

"I'm not going to back down," the 6-foot-4, 310-pound Render told the Roanoke Times. "Both of us put on pants the same way. I feel like if I can get my hands on him, I can put him on the ground. Anybody can be pancaked. And I'm going to try my best to make sure that happens this Saturday."

Render may have to put his pants on at another position, however, for such a meeting. Dorsey played right defensive tackle against Mississippi State last week with Charles Alexander moving to left tackle, where Dorsey played last season. They do at times switch off, though.

Render, a product of Newnan High in Georgia, started last season at right guard as a true freshman and was named a first team freshman All-American by Scout.com. He also made The Sporting News' all-freshmen Atlantic Coast Conference team. He will have Dorsey outweighed as Dorsey weighs just 299 pounds. Render recored 37 knockdown blocks last season. Dorsey made 64 tackles last season with 8.5 behind the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home