• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Sunday, August 12, 2007

LSU player quotes from Media Day

If you haven't gotten enough media day, here are some quotes from the event in Baton Rouge today.

Running Back Keiland Williams
On his performance last year vs. this year…
“When you are on this level you set high expectations of yourself. Last year, I came in a little late and I didn’t really have a feel for the offense, or more so the passing game, which is very important at this level. This year, I am getting a feel for it and got to actually experience camp this year so, I feel like I am a couple of steps ahead of where I was last year at this time”

On how he feels he measures up to the other running backs…
“I don’t come out every day and tell myself that I’m ahead of this guy or that guy. I know every day is a work day, and you have to come out and prove yourself every day.”

On how LSU is prepared for this season, knowing there aren’t any warm up games…
“The coaches have done a great job keeping us focused and letting us know that we play stiff competition early. The coaches are doing a great job letting us know its going to be a long season, we have to stay focused, and we can’t sleep on anyone.”

Defensive Tackle Glenn Dorsey
On his leadership position within the team …
“Young guys coming in are going to be looking to the seniors to show them how to do things. I think they look up to us and I try to lead by example because I’m not a really vocal guy.”

On his experience over the past 4 years …
“It has been a great experience. It’s rolled by. I feel like I just got here. I’m just enjoying it every day and taking it one day at a time. This has been the best time of my life.”

On his decision to come back to school and what went into that decision …
“I just had to sit back and think. I had to make the right decision for me, my family, and my team. I feel like I did that, and I am 100% behind it (my decision). I’m just ready to play this year.”


Linebacker Darry Beckwith
On his position as a role model …
“When you go places, you watch how you carry yourself, how you address people, and how you treat people. I think if people see you treating other people well, and you’re setting a great example then they will want to follow.”

On his thoughts going into the Mississippi State game …
“I think it’s going to be a great atmosphere opening on Thursday night and being on national TV. I know we (the team) are excited. Usually, during camp, you don’t have that much to look forward to, but after this week we start preparing for Mississippi State. It’s just right around the corner and we are ready for it.”

On expectations of the defense for the season …
“We are expecting great things from the defense. We are working hard right now getting the kinks out, and seeing improvement every day. If everyone continues to stay focused, good things should happen.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home