• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Time to readjust

The outcome of Saturday's games has caused me to make a readjustment on what I thought this LSU team would do this season.

Every time I've been asked on a radio or TV show about LSU I've said the Tigers could be a good football team and go 9-3 this season. The reason was tough road games with Auburn, Florida and Tennessee.

Well, after the way Arkansas handled Auburn on Saturday, it's time to add a fourth tough road game to that list. The game at Little Rock on the day after Thanksgiving just got a little tougher.

Now, I'm also the person that thought LSU would get at least one and maybe two wins in those three games. I thought Auburn was a tough game at Jordan-Hare for LSU just because of the history. By the same token, I expected LSU to win on Saturday at Florida because of recent history there.

So now, let's readjust the expectations. Instead of going 10-2 or 9-3, let's drop it down a notch to 9-3 or 8-4.

Will 9-3 be a disappointment for LSU fans? That's a good question. An 8-4 record would be cause for grumbling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home