• LSUBEAT.com • Schedules • Depth Chart • Recruits • LSU in NFL • LSU Gear

Thursday, November 18, 2010

On Les and the BCS

I know what Les Miles was trying to do by planting the seed for a one-loss (read LSU) SEC team in the national championship game -- provided the Tigers win their last two games.

But there is a risk involved. It's called backlash and if you don't believe me, check out the L.A. Times where college football writer Chris Dufresne has his national rankings.

Dufresne ranks LSU sixth and says: "Only Nebraska (2001) gets a title-game shot without winning its division.''

And then he ranks Arkansas No. 12 with this comment: "Please beat Louisiana State so it quits yapping about deserving a BCS title bid.''

The point is there is backlash out there. What may seem like a good idea -- lobbying for his team -- may not be the best path for Miles to take right now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I do not see it that way,Selling your team, to the puppet masters, is a good thing...Noise, is what you want.
Miles by him self, is a good attraction for TV..Everything is TV ratings now..Les Miles,and LSU, is good Television.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I learn, about Les Miles, the more I like him..If he wants to brag, about his LSU football program, it is OK with me..After all, Les Miles beat Nick Saban,He gave me what I wanted.Now,when
I see Les Miles, I feel happy.

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They like Les Miles in small town USA,they like Les Miles, in big city USA.Every where,I go, everyone is now in love, with Les Miles.Eating grass and all.
Except, in the TV,sports reporter, world.I still hear bad remarks, about Les Miles,coming from the sports reporters.
The TV networks love Les Miles,LSU show,they say, he is just great for ratings.
So I think the more he talks, about LSU,the better it is.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miles is free,he killed Nick Saban..All is right, in the Bengal Tiger world again..Long live the king!!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Les Miles is a story all by him self..He can talk all he wants,and everyone will listen..I think he should go on the talk shows,the Tonight show ECT.
The Les Miles story, is a very good story to tell.
The LSU football fans, should talk about it to.
Good TV.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home